Friday, October 29, 2010

TGI Friday Edition

Again, the elections dominate the news. For example, Politico examines the effect of the health reform vote on re-election chances.

A few other tidbits:

Sick Californians forgoing care because of high deductibles, even though they have insurance. This is actually happening all over. In our chronic illness survey, although over 90% had insurance, Medicare or Medicaid, half have skipped care due to cost. When reform fully kicks in, out-of-pocket maximums should change this -- I hope.

Here's a piece on the power of Vitamin D. Not the kind of thing I normally post, but taking huge doses of Vitamin D has made a huge difference in my quality of life, so I thought I would share.

Have you planned ahead for your death? I know it's a hard subject, but it's important to make your preferences known.

How can technology help manage chronic illnesses? This article explores the possibilities.

And finally, I love this article -- Bernie Siegel on how to avoid a health care crisis in America. I guess I'm just a Bernie Siegel fan!

That's a good start on the day. Have a good one. Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment