Thursday, November 25, 2010

Special Thanksgiving Edition

One of these days, I will sleep late and actually take the day off. In the meantime, here's a smattering of news:

The LA Times says the health insurance industry is NOT in favor of repeal of health reform. Not because they're altruistic, but because they want those 30 million new enrollees! What's that line? Politics makes strange bedfellows!

A study finds no improvement in patient safety at hospitals.

President Obama has ordered a review of human research guidelines to make sure all subjects have given informed consent -- truly informed.

How do you feel about your doctor typing on a laptop in the examining room? Not everybody finds it to be a welcome change. I, however, spend so much time trying to decipher handwritten medical records that I welcome anything that makes my job easier.

That's it for today. I hope you and your families have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment