Monday, November 22, 2010

Semi-Vacation Edition

The first day of vacation, and I can't bear the thought of leaving you without your morning reading. So here's a short edition of Monday news:

The NY Times says health reform is spurring mergers that will increase costs and decrease competition -- some of the very things it was intended to fix. These are called accountable care organizations. What they bring to the market remains to be seen, but it's worth keeping an eye on them.

Most insurance doesn't pay for non-acute home health care, so it's important to plan for care after coming home from the hospital.

And in opinion news, Al Hunt says no way will health reform be repealed.

How good are Oprah's health guests? Well, I haven't been on yet!!!

And how about a health-related gift for the holidays? Which one? Read here.

How do you feel about getting health care online? Here's a report.

Some states are actually weighing ending Medicaid. I can't imagine a worse thing -- to take healthcare away from the poorest of the poor, from pregnant women, from children.

Employers' health care costs rise about 6.9% this year. When does this ever end?

Do laptops harm your health? Read on.

A very important piece on the effect of Celiac disease (gluten intolerance) on brain activity.

And that, my friends, is it for the day. Or at least I hope I can keep myself away from my computer. Now, how about you step away from yours too! Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment