Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More on the Florida Judge's Ruling

Ezra Klein explains the ruling and then links to lots of commentary, making this a very helpful summary of the landscape of opinion on this ruling.

In particular, here's the ever-wonderful Jonathan Cohn's take. He finds clues to the judge's bias against the reform law that are intriguing, to say the least.

I'll be writing some more once I finish carefully reading the lengthy decision. In the meantime, these and other bloggers are basically saying this all comes down to politics. Which means it all comes down to Justice Kennedy and whether he plays liberal or conservative on this issue -- which probably will reach the Court during the presidential campaign. Too many people are saying this is Bush v. Gore all over again. I surely hope not. Robbed of an election -- and then robbed of health care? You're going to see an awful lot of anti-Supreme Court sentiment if that happens. Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read what you have to say about his decision. I read it briefly and it seems to me he's solidly on the side of Tea Party politics.

    ReplyDelete