Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday Tidbits

I slept in this morning to see if it would help my gut (I think it did), so this is late, and quicker than usual.

When kids graduate from high school, they also usually graduate from pediatric to adult health care, which can be a difficult transition, especially for kids with chronic illnesses.

Medicaid advocates say cuts to the program would hurt kids. And they would, indeed, as well as elderly in nursing homes.

Be careful with ambulances. If they're out of network, you pay, even if they take you to an in-network hospital. And you don't always have a choice of what ambulance to use, so be careful about this.

The CDC says doctors are over-prescribing. As if I needed more than my 13 prescription drugs to tell me that.

Americans are overweight, and overweight is the new normal. Yes, I know.

Memory training helps improve intelligence, says a new study.

Middle aged women who have their first child later in life have worse health than others, a survey says.

Fewer people are dying after surgery in the Medicare program.

The new lupus drug gets mixed reviews. I'm sad about this.

And that's all I have time for right now. Have a great day. Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment