Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Dear Reader: Your Opinion Matters

Dear Reader:

I'm writing to see if I can get your input on where to go with this blog. As you know, I spend more than an hour very early every morning reading a load of newspapers to bring you health-related news. Sometimes I also bring you opinion, and sometimes more informational/educational pieces, like my analysis of the new appeals regulations that I posted a week or so ago.

What I don't know is how many of you are reading, and whether you find the blog helpful and/or interesting. Is it helpful for me to bring you the news every morning, or would you prefer more opinion pieces or longer pieces explaining various health policy issues? What would you like to see on this blog?

I'd appreciate your feedback. If you don't need me to gather the news for you, then I can write more about policy issues and perhaps some of our cases, trends that we are seeing, and so on. But if you like getting the news every day, please let me know and I'll keep at it.

In short, it's time to hear from you about what you want. Please leave comments here or on our Facebook page. And if you don't comment, I'm going to assume you're not reading. So if you care what direction this blog goes in, now's the time to speak up. Thanks! Jennifer

6 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,

    I find the blog interesting on a personal and professional level (I teach at a law school and sometimes write about the human effects of health laws, particularly ERISA). The news pieces are great, but your opinions are very interesting too. I will keep reading no matter what direction you go, but it would be great to keep the news if at all possible, although I realize how time consuming this must be. Thank you for all your work and insights.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Jennifer,

    I always scan the news items for anything of interest; though I don't live in the US I have followed your path to more-accessible healthcare closely. I'm most likely to click on the research pieces and the personal stories, though. My favourite thing, though, is your opinion pieces--you are insightful and incisive, and often present things in a way I never would have thought of.

    I know I am unlikely to be your key audience, but I hope this comment helps nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your selection of news and appreciate your finds. But I also love to hear your take on policy issues. Your opinions always come from such an interesting perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Jenni - I like your ability to teach while you inform us. Whereas, items may be editorial or opinion, teaching is most prominent in your message style as most consistent reason I like reading your blog. You are very good at helping me see what a law or news item about health care means directly to me as a patient. There are tons of reporting blogs, or spin cycles - but learning is what I most appreciate to break down the floods of info out there. Thanks! SJL

    ReplyDelete
  6. i find your blog a facinating read, and I really love the insite, the facts, and the articles you post to uphold these facts. I talk about what you've led me to read all the time to people, and have passed along your site as one to take a real interest in!

    ReplyDelete