Friday, January 7, 2011

A Nursing Home? Already?

More young people are residing in nursing homes, says this report. Young people who are disabled and on Medicaid who don't have family at home to care for them are left with no alternative other than litigation, which is expensive and takes years. The absence of community-based services and a mechanism to pay for them leads to extended institutionalization.

I find this story to be very sad. I don't know about you, but I'm 53 years old, and I'm not ready to be warehoused. Jennifer

1 comment:

  1. A lot of interesting news; thanks for keeping us updated.

    A relative works in senior living and there are age requirements at a lot of the places. I think it would be scary to be vulnerable and put into some of the places that do take medicaid. JMO.

    ReplyDelete