Sunday, January 9, 2011

House Postpones Healthcare Vote

There is a lot that can be said about yesterday's horrific shooting of Congresswoman Giffords and several other people, resulting in the deaths of a federal judge and a 9 year old child, among others. Because I try to keep the focus of this blog on health care, I will not comment here on the violence or what (or should I say who) provoked it. I will say that my thoughts are with the Congresswoman and the others who were injured, and with the families of those who have died.

It is relevant, though, to note here that Wednesday's vote on health reform repeal, as well as any other legislative business before the House of Representatives, has been postponed. I will do my best to keep you up to date. Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment