Friday, April 10, 2009

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things

It's Friday, which is always good news. Today, it's especially good news. I traveled to Chicago last week-end, and plane travel always tires me out. But this time was particularly tough -- I think because I'm on vancomycin for c-difficile, an intestinal bacteria that's pretty miserable. And although I wore the shoes I normally travel in, my legs were killing me from just above the knee down. I worked until 9 pm on Wednesday night, first going through a draft 504 plan with a mom so she could prepare it for the school, and then going through a load of documents pertaining to an insurance appeal for another patient. So it's been a long, tired week.

So what am I looking forward to this week-end?

My most favorite thing, Emily. The time my furry feline friend and I spend together, just sitting, with her on my knee if I'm at my computer, or on my legs if I'm in bed, is peaceful time. It's a time when Emily's purrrrrrs of contentment extend to me. It's lovely time.

My next most favorite thing, sleep. I sure do love to sleep. Considering I don't do anywhere near enough of it, it's not something I take for granted. My gut wakes me up in the morning, so it's not about sleeping late. It's about naps. Ahhhhh!

Some decent TV and DVDs. If I don't sleep the whole week-end away, I have some of my favorite shows on DVR waiting to be watched. Law & Order: SVU, Without a Trace, Criminal Minds -- I like those a lot. I don't remember what I have waiting for me from Netflix, so that will be a surprise! I tend to watch rather than read on the week-ends -- it's more passive, takes less brain power. I strongly recommend the HBO series In Treatment. Its second season just started and it's every bit as gripping as the first. It's like spying on other people's therapy sessions -- fascinating.

Soup. Since I can't eat food that has to be chewed, I eat eggs or store-bought soup or cottage cheese during the week, but on week-ends, I get soup from the local Chinese restaurant. I'm able to eat wonton soup -- the wontons sort of glide down and stay there -- or I get egg drop soup, which is double protein, both chicken broth and egg. Hmmmm -- which to get this week? Decisions, decisions!

Cherry Garcia. My week-end treat. Frozen yogurt, because I can't eat the ice cream version, and I have to pick out the big chunks of cherry. But still, it's great stuff.

Sleep. Oh, yeah. I said that already!

What more could I want? Emily, sleep, good TV or movies, soup, cherry Garcia -- sounds like a fabulous week-end to me.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I know I'm going to enjoy mine. Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment