Thursday, August 12, 2010

Truth

Apparently, many Americans still believe that the health reform law will create death panels making end of life decisions, slash Medicare benefits, and harm them in other ways, according to USA Today. I guess we still have a lot of work to do to educate the public about what the law really says. You can't very well expect all Americans to read 3000 pages of legislation, and I suppose it must be difficult for consumers who don't know me or Families USA or the Kaiser Family Foundation or the other groups trying to do public education to decide who to trust. I wish I knew how to make this all less scary for folks. I guess I'll just keep on talking and writing and talking and writing, and hope that everybody else who's studied the legislation will do the same. Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment