Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday Never Looked Better

Been through a lot this week.  About as tough as it gets.  Next week this time, I'll be on my way to Denver to speak to a group of patients with platelet disorders about health insurance.  Why do I say yes when I'm this tired?  Oh, well.  Here's the news:

I don't know why this is on the NY Times Health page this morning, but it's fabulous and you MUST watch the video.  If this doesn't cheer you up, I don't know what will.  

Although Governor Rick Scott of Florida says he's not going to expand the Medicaid program with federal dollars, he's getting push-back from consumer advocates and now hospitals, which made certain concessions in anticipation of having new patients with the ability to pay.  When providers and patients stick together on health reform implementation issues, we get good results, as we did in choosing the essential health benefits package here in Connecticut.  This is an alliance I hope we can continue.

Dr. Pauline Chen writes about two medical students who have written a book to explain the health care system and how it will change under health reform.  I already bought it (it's an e-book for $7.99 on Amazon) and will read it on my trip to Denver.  I'll let you know how it is. 

Curious about how exchanges will work?  Here's an interview with Kevin Counihan, CEO of Connecticut's Exchange, who explains some of the details.

Strangely, that's it!  Not a lot of new health news today.  Maybe that's a good thing - a little break once in awhile.  Anyway, have a great day and a great week-end!  Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment