Monday, September 21, 2009

My Favorite Rock Band



Pearl Jam's new CD Backspacer was released yesterday, although my copy came in Thursday's mail, so I got a little jump on it. Wow! It's fabulous -- high energy for the most part, with a gorgeous Just Breathe reminiscent of the Into the Wild soundtrack, and a new anthem, Amongst the Waves, that I dare you to try NOT to sing along to!

Why does my excitement about a rock album belong here? Pearl Jam announced last Friday that part of the proceeds of its tour starting tonight will go to the Vitalogy Foundation, to be distributed to a number of charities. My friend and Pearl Jam guitarist Mike McCready chose Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness and our new partner, Lybba, a brilliant website (not yet live -- I promise to tell you when it is), the brainchild of the inspired and inspiring Jesse Dylan. Yup, I got Pearl Jam, Mike McCready, and Jesse Dylan in one sentence!!!!

THANK YOU MIKE!!!!!!!!!! You'll keep our doors open a little longer.

Enjoy the video, friends! Jennifer

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry had edited and it didn't make sense. Just asking if you knew if any of the CCFA fundraiser songs were available for sale. Two on YouTube but I haven't found them.

    I was a huge fan pre-CD and I need some new music ;-). Hopefully it's on ITunes. I'm in podcast haven right now.

    How are you doing Ms. Jaff?

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, rabbit. I don't know about CCFA fundraiser songs. Generally, Pearl Jam sells its own bootlegs, but not this long after the event. I haven't seen them on YouTube either.

    Backspacer -- the new CD -- is available on iTunes, on the Pearl Jam website, and at Target and independent record stores. But nowhere else.

    ReplyDelete